Geopaparazzi, the fast mapping solution
Digital field mapping in a pocket
Geopaparazzi is a tool developed to do very fast qualitative engineering/geologic surveys. Even if the main aim is in the field of surveying, it contains tools that can be of great use also to OpenStreetMappers as well as tourists that want to keep a geo-diary.
The main aim of Geopaparazzi is to have a tool that:
- fits in any pocket and can be always at hand, when needed
- gives the possibility to take georeferenced and possibly orientated pictures during the survey, with further possibility to import them into the main GIS application BeeGIS
- is able to exploit easily internet connection, if available
- is extremely easy to use and intuitive, providing just few important functionalities
- georeferenced notes
- georeferenced and orientated pictures
- gps tracks logging
- easy export of collected data
- a map view for the navigation of the environment
Where to get Geopaparazzi
Geopaparazzi is developed by HydroloGIS and can be found in the android market directly from your android phone. Simply browse to its market page here.